Mr. Karmali may be available to serve on advisory boards for public or private oil & gas, mining, and investment management corporations. Please enquire.
Ethical. Experienced. Effective.
Altaf Mansoor Mohamedali Karmali is a fourth-generation entrepreneur in his family, with 25 years of international business and finance strategy experience. He has served on the board of directors for a number of companies, and is the current Director, Executive Chairman and President of Karmali Group International Investments Inc.
Mr. Karmali is an investor, financier and or advisor on worldwide projects valued at more than USD $60-billion and is consistently recommended by Canadian and international governments, government agencies, stock exchanges, investment banks and professional firms. He has significant experience working in many countries including Argentina, Australia, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Egypt, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mexico, Monaco, Norway, Peru, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States and Venezuela.
Mr. Karmali possesses a strong track record.
- Euro $23.5-billion. Through a joint venture with Karmali Group, Mr. Karmali held the title of Vice President of International Development for an American investment firm, which was the lead company on an infrastructure development project in the Middle East.
- USD $5-billion. Involved with the business and strategy of an infrastructure development project in Asia.
- USD $6.8-billion per annum. Provided strategy and consultation with the re-organisation and streamlining of a US petroleum project.
- Advised on the power system utilised to supply continuous energy to satellite components for a US military aerospace programme.
- Advised in business, investment and finance strategies for a Canadian consulting firm. Through a partnership with Karmali Group, Mr. Karmali held the title of Executive Vice President of Corporate Management, and successfully represented energy and mining companies listed on stock exchanges in Canada and Germany.
- Involved in regular transactions for the trade and shipping of petroleum and petroleum by-products.
- Involved in regular transactions for the trade and shipping of commodities and metals from Africa into the European Union and surrounding regions.
- USD $4.25-billion. Partnered in business and strategy regarding the hypothecation of gold mining assets in Nevada.
- Provided advice for high-profile projects, corporations and management teams, including former senior management from Magna International Inc. and Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- USD $5-billion. Partnered on projects with the Hedstrom Group (Nevada), and advised with the business, joint venture and finance strategy for the purchase of the Ashikaga Bank Ltd., a financial institution in Japan. Nomura Holdings Inc. and a consortium of investors completed on the project financing.
- Consulted on port and commercial waterfront properties, resort developments, senior housing, retail and residential projects.
- USD $8-billion. Involved in business and investment strategies for a casino and hotel portfolio.
- Lectured in real estate strategies at Simon Fraser University (Vancouver, Canada), and mentored professionals in asset acquisitions, joint ventures, skip-transfers and sales of large residential and commercial multi-building parcels.
- Purchased his first commercial building for his personal asset portfolio at the age of twenty-four, and was included in all aspects of strategy and operations for the family businesses from the age of sixteen.
Royal Canadian Armed Forces:
- Queen’s Own Rifles – Airborne Infantry Division
- Honourable Discharge
- 7th Toronto Regiment – Artillery Division
- Honourable Discharge
Criminal Record Information
International Criminal Police Organization (ICPO-INTERPOL): Clean criminal background check
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), CJIS Division: Clean criminal background check
Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP): Clean criminal background check
Corporate or personal convictions, fines, including criminal and or fraud charges: None
Current or pending legal proceedings: None